Speaker at CryptoBlockCon 2018 (11-12 December @ Las Vegas)
I am happy to announce that I was invited as speaker at CryptoBlockCon 2018 – Las Vegas. I will give an overview talk about the consensus algorithms in the blockchain networks, such as proof of work, proof of stake and byzantine fault tolerance.
- Event: CryptoBlockCon – Las Vegas, 2018
- Date: 12-December-2018, 10:35 – 10:55
- Title: Overview of Blockchain Consensus Algorithms
Agenda for the Session
In this talk the speaker Svetlin Nakov will explain very briefly the concepts of decentralized consensus and blockchain consensus algorithms, along with examples from popular blockchain networks and DLT ledgers:
- The concept of Byzantine Fault Tolerance (BFT)
- The role of consensus algorithms in decentralized systems and blockchains
- Proof-of-work consensus (PoW), mining, pools, hash power, ASIC mining, etc.
- Proof-of-stake (PoS) and its variants: DPoS (delegated PoS), RPoS (randomized PoS), LPoS (leased PoS), PoI (proof of importance), PoB (proof of burn)
- Practical Byzantine Fault Tolerance (PBFT), dBFT (delegated BFT) and FBA (federated byzantine agreement)
- Proof-of-Authority (POA)
- Non-blockchain consensus, asynchronous byzantine fault tolerance (aBFT), Hashgraph, IOTA
I will have less than 20 minutes, so I will just mention some of the concepts, without much details. I will publish slides (and maybe video) later, after the conference.