Course “Web Applications Development with .NET Framework and ASP.NET” in TU-Sofia
Starting from February 2010 I will lead a team of .NET software engineering professionals who will teach the course “Web Applications Development with .NET Framework and ASP.NET” at the Technical Univesity – Sofia (TU-Sofia). The course complements the fundamental university education with contemporary Web development technologies. The outcomes for the students are the acquisition of practical skills for building rich-data Web applications based on .NET Framework, LINQ-to-SQL, SQL Server, ASP.NET, AJAX and Silverlight.
The course is organized by the Students Council in TU-Sofia who invited Svetlin Nakov and his team to teach it for all students in TU-Sofia. The course is supported and sponsored by Telerik Corporation (large Bulgarian software development company which was recently listed in the Red Herring: Global 100 Winners).
- Course Overview – Presenting the Course Objectives, Lecturers, Exams, etc..NET Framework Overview – .NET, .NET Framework, CLR, MSIL, Assemblies, CTS, .NET languages
- C# Language Overview – Part I – Data Types, Operators, Expressions, Statements, Console I/O, Conditional Statements, Loops, Arrays, Methods
- C# Language Overview – Part II – Creating and Using Objects, Exceptions, Strings, Generics, Collections, Attributes
- Object-Oriented Programming with C# – Defining Classes, Constructors, Properties, Methods, Delegates, Events, Static Members, Interfaces, Inheritance, Polymorphism
- Databases, SQL and MS SQL Server – RDBMS, SQL Language, SQL SELECT, Joins, Aggregate Functions, Grouping, SQL INSERT, SQL UPDATE, SQL DELETE, MS SQL Server, SQL Server Management Studio
- LINQ and LINQ-to-SQL – LINQ Operators and Expressions, Projections, Conversions, Aggregations, LINQ-to-SQL, Visual Studio LINQ-to-SQL Designer, Using DataContext to Read / Create / Update / Delete Data
- ASP.NET – Part I – ASP.NET Web Forms, Code Behind Pages, Page Execution Model, Web Server Controls, HTML Server Controls, Creating Simple Web Applications
- ASP.NET – Part II – Data Binding and Data-Bound Controls: Data Sources (LinqDataSource, ObjectDataSoucre), GridView, FormView, DetailsView, DataList, Repeater, ListView, Pager
- ASP.NET – Part III – Session and State Management, Master Pages and Navigation, User Controls, Web.config, ASP.NET Membership, IIS and Deployment
- ASP.NET AJAX – ScriptManager, UpdatePanel, AJAX Control Toolkit
- Silverlight – XAML, Text, Images, Graphics, Shapes, Creating Silverlight Applications, Text Controls, Buttons, List Controls, Data Binding and Data-Bound Controls
- Practical Project Demo – Creating Dynamic Rich-Data ASP.NET Web Application – Step-by-Step Live Demo
- Additional Topic #1 – Student will Suggest Interesting Topics
- Additional Topic #2 – Student will Suggest Interesting Topics
- Svetlin Nakov – Manager Technical Training, Telerik Corporation, Telerik Academy, Blog: https://www.nakov.com
- Ivaylo Hristov – Managing Partner, Komfo Bulgaria, Blog: http://ivaylo-hristov.net/
- Mihail Stoynov – Technical lead, Materna Bulgaria, Blog: http://mihail.stoynov.com/blog/
- Ventsislav Popov – Developer, Crossroad
- Branislav Abadjimarinov – Senior .NET Developer, ProPeople, Blog: http://abadjimarinov.net/
- Svetlin Ralchev – software engineer, Telerik Corporation, Blog: http://blog.ralch.com/
- Ivaylo Bratoev – software engineer, Telerik Corporation, Blog: https://softuni.bg
Requirements to Attend the Course
- Basic computer programming skills
- Basic understanding of object-oriented-programming (OOP) concepts
- English language
Assesment and Exams
Students will be assigned to develop as a practical project dynamic Web application based on .NET Framework, ASP.NET Web Forms, SQL Server and LINQ-to-SQL. Sample projects: dynamic photo album, CMS system, blog system, dating site, online game, Web mail, etc.Authors of the best projects will be awarded by our sponsor Telerik.
Official Web Site
Visit the official Web site of the course “Web Applications Development with .NET Framework and ASP.NET”: https://softuni.bg.