Author: Svetlin Nakov
August 16, 2013
With the autumn at the corner, we at Telerik Software Academy think it is time to make a fresh start and undertake an adventure. Telerik Academy is rolling out a set of exciting, brand new free courses that will rock your world. From developing slick mobile apps for Windows 8, to understanding the key concepts of user experience design or mastering PHP web development – you decide which courses to dive into.
5 New Free Courses at Telerik Academy (Fall 2013)
August 19, 2013 – Ultimate Training Hall
Training Program for the WinJS Free Course
- Windows 8 & Store Apps
- Introduction to WinJS
- WinJS Controls
- Asynchronous Programming in WinJS
- Accessing the File System
- Application Lifecycle for Win Store Apps
- Data binding in WinJS
- Implementing Contracts
- Design Guidelines for Windows 8 Apps
- Push Notifications and Windows Push Notification Service (WNS)
- Publishing Apps in Windows Store
The two-week free Win8 Development course starts on August 21, 2013 and will be held every workday from 10:30 till 16:00.
August 21, 2013 – Enterprise Training Hall
Training Program for the JS Frameworks Free Course
- Single Page Application (SPA) Architectures
- Underscore.js and lo-dash
- MVC and MVVM Design Paradigms
- Telerik Kendo UI
- Telerik Kendo Mobile
- TDD with QUnit
- Practical Project: Building Single Page App in JS
Everyone, willing to take part is welcome to join our free JS Frameworks classes – Monday to Friday, every day from 10:30 till 16:00, starting from August 21, 2013.
September 4, 2013 – Ultimate Training Hall
If mastering a new programming language is part of your New Year’s resolution, we have the perfect course for you – “PHP Web Development”. This course will be held every Wednesday from 19:00 by an external trainer, Ivan Vankov (gatakka), a famous blogger, proficient software developer and exceptional lecturer. While beginning with some programming basics like loops, functions and HTML, the course is mostly practice oriented and covers more advanced topics like databases, PHP exceptions, namespaces, traits, information security and MVC.
Training Program for the PHP Free Course
- PHP Basics. Loops. Functions
- PHP and HTML. Working with HTTP
- Practical Project: PHP, HTTP and HTML
- Accessing the File System. Sessions
- Accessing Databases. Working with MySQL
- The PHP Object Model. Classes, Objects, Inheritance. Exceptions
- Namespaces. Traits
- Practical Project: Object-Oriented Programming with PHP
- Security in Web Applications and PHP
- MVC Frameworks for PHP
The free PHP course starts Wednesday, September 4, 2013.
September 3, 2013 – Ultimate Training Hall
Telerik’s UX and interaction design experts will guide Telerik Academy’s students through the main processes, instruments and methodologies of creating great user experience. This course is ideal for both software engineers and non-tech experts who want to gain valuable design knowledge and experience. Participants will learn the most important elements of user experience – lean design, graphic design fundamentals, interaction and UI design. Learn how to go beyond building features and writing content, and start thinking of usability and engagement.
Training Program for the UX Design Free Course
- Lean UX
- Graphics Design Basics
- Information Architecture
- Interaction Design
- UI Design
Beginning on September 3, 2013, the free UX Design course will be held 5 consecutive Tuesdays from 18:00 till 20:00.
September 12, 2013 – Ultimate Training Hall
The key to a healthy living lies in the better work-life balance. We can feel more energetic and happy and at the same time increase our productivity and concentration, by simply combining work with sports, healthy food and social activities. Fine Line’s healthy lifestyle experts will share the secret how to establish long-term habits for e better life. The main topics within the course are: healthy food that must always be on your menu, techniques to stay active during the whole day, ideas to improve our communication skills and keep a work-life balance.
Training Program for the Healthy Living Free Course
- Healthy Living – Freedom or Slavery? What is “Holistic Approach” and Why We Don’t Love “Diets”?
- We Are What We Eat. Importance of Food and Nutrition. Superfoods for Super People
- How to Keep the Tonus and Concentration at the Computer for Hours
- Techniques for Efficient Communication in the Office
- How to Combine Intensive Work with a Healthy Life?
- Functional Training (Additional Meeting)
Join the Fine Line’s free trainings on healthy living, together with our students from Telerik Software Academy, every Thursday from 18:30, starting at September 12, 2013.